Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bitten by the Bug

Finished "The Hunger Games" in one day yesterday! Brilliant plot and setting reflecting life as it is even now: the inequities of the social classes, the fascination with entertainment, and the evil we do to one another to "survive". Now I'm looking forward to the movie!

Srill feeling under the weather: dry n sore throat, intermittent cough, and now some phlegm n sneezing. Still I have to go for classes. And I still haven't gone to the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale yet! I'm in two minds whether to go or to skip and save, considering that the apartment is already overflowing with books. It'll depend on how quickly I get better.

There are so many more books here in the home that I haven't read yet. My sons and even my students (some at least) are reading more than I am or have now. Gotta catch up. I've caught the reading bug again! And if the BBW Sale has infected and spread the bug to many young people, I'm glad!

No comments: