Saturday, October 08, 2011

May Their Tribe Increase!

Here I am, one of the few privileged to be able to sit here and ruminate and cogitate, and to write. Life is hard for so many, waking daily to labour, sweat and tears, with no time to sit and stare. I am thankful, and I am reminded not to take things for granted. Steve Jobs just passed away at 56, and the world mourned the loss of an innovator and visionary.

Yesterday the Nobel Peace prize was awarded to 3 women: President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, director of Women Peace and Security Network Africa Leymah Gbowee both of Liberia and democratic activist Tawakkul Karman of Yemen. That just makes me feel good, hopeful and thankful. May their tribe increase!

As for me, mother of 2, teacher of more than 40 students, struggling to organise the home and work, I give thanks to God: for giving me life and health and strength. Thank you for my grown and mature sons: I saw pics of the older one on horseback in a ranch on the other side of the world! The younger one who was staying with a friend for a week just sent me an sms two days ago which said, "Mommy I love you". And he's going to be 20 end of this year. That is just so sweet, and typical of him.

I thank God for my husband too who is faithful, hardworking and responsible, and I pray God that You may bless him with good fruit for his effort and faithfulness, and a bonus, if You will, especially, a gift of a holiday to a place of his heart's desire.

Most of all, I thank God for who You are, for without You life and all it can give is meaningless, but with You even the bad becomes good. Thank You, God.

No comments: